Delicious DIRT. Now Open
Inside: Paris Club, Fork, Bia For Mia, Hubbard Inn, Recently Opened and To Open
- As Crain’s recognized last week, we were among the lucky few who got behind the scenes exclusives at Paris Club a few weeks ago and now you can be one of the first to dine there! Doors now open to the public at this river north French phenom. We LOVE the mac and cheese, the French onion fondue and the steak frites. Menu is huge so make your reso now if you want the feed. If you missed all the hype, check out today’s Daily Candy and Tasting Table who both give good Paris. 59 W. Hubbard
- We have not been there yet, but Fork looks fabulous. Via Tasting Table today – “Lincoln Square’s Fiddlehead Café has morphed into Fork, with a new tapas-style menu of small and large plates, plus sandwiches and burgers. The beer list clocks in at a whopping 141 bottles and 38 drafts, with more on the way”. 4600 N. Lincoln Ave
- I remember going to Mel Markon’s as a child in the 80′s. Now Mel himself (last seen in the 1990′s with Dixie Que) makes his return with Bia for Mia, a self proclaimed “Italian fun pub” in West Town. Phil Vettel writes, “The 85-seat Bia for Mia will feature a bit of everything, such as Italian-seasoned brisket, pork chop with grilled peaches, pizzas and paninis and even a little sushi. Entree prices will top out at $19; the wine list will include plenty of under-$30 options”. Will Markon’s return rule as he once did in the 80′s? Stay tuned… 1147 W Grand Ave. Want More? Check out today’s Thrillist and yesterday’s Grub Street with PDF menu.
- Stay tuned for Frontier Chicago‘s opening this Thursday. The good ole team behind Lottie’s Pub & The Pony Inn are behind this West Town tavern and it’s looking good….
- Hubbard Inn opens this Thursday, 2/10 in an 8000 square foot space at 110 W. Hubbard. This two story European restaurant serves quality flatbreads & small plates until 2am folks! Nice. According to Dish writers, the menu is made up of “sharable” plates such as salads, sandwiches, burgers, cheeses & the previously mentioned items. The owners aim for a bohemian vibe…We shall see.
Delicious DIRT. To Open
- Frontier 2/10
- Next March 2011
- Aviary March 2011
- Fish Bar March 2011
- GT Fish & Oyster March 2011
- Hush Supper Club
ING (Imagining New Gastronomy)
- Union Sushi + Barbeque Bar May 2011
Delicious DIRT. Recently Opened
- Paris Club
- Bia for Mia
- Barrio Urban Taqueria
- Silom 12 Thai Bucktown
- Med Kitchen
- The Butcher & Larder
- Rewster’s Café
- Paradise Cantina
- Hubbard Inn
Morning cock block? This is one you’ll dig. EYP loves that both Tasting Table and Daily Candy BOTH featured French inspired Rewster’s Cafe today. Apparently the newest cock on the block is stellar and the menu is no exception.
We at Elevate Your Presence love local newbie quality cafes. Rewster’s speaks to us. What’s nicer than free WiFi, frittatas (weekly specials) and sandwiches that come with soup salad or chips for $9-$11. Breakfast and lunch are served daily from 7am and our mouths are watering.
Rewster’s locally roasted Dark Matter coffee, aka, the Cock Blocker, will have you energized beyond belief. Their breakfast sounds to die for: croissants (Tasting Table says among the city’s BEST), pastries, muffins, tarts, quiches, frittatas all made by Frederic Zahm (Peninsula’s Pierrot Gourmet). Lunch includes grilled cheese with honey brioche, bread pudding stuffed with turkey, leeks, and potatoes, and apple-banana-honey tart, tuna, and fresh soups.
Rewster’s Weekly Specials:
Soup: Celery Root & Coconut
Frittata: Butternut Squash & Cinnamon
Cream Cheese: Chive
Coffee: Java Pre-Anger
Food Mafia can’t wait to get there along with everyone else in the city. Go Local. Stay tuned.
Reminder – Delicious DIRT. Events
TODAY 1/27 Small Bar ‘s Lincoln Park location -$15 buys the first 50 people unlimited sliders, pints of Brooklyn Lager and Left Hand Brewing Company Milk Stout between 7 and 9 p.m. READY GO! Via @ChicagoMag (1415 W. Fullerton Ave.; 773-525-2727),
TODAY 1/27 730p—Three Aces one of the many new Italian spots garnering acclaim in Little Italy, is hosting the inaugural dinner of its monthly rock and roll dinner series. January’s theme is Exile on Taylor Street, and will feature a four-course, $40 menu inspired by rock icons’ January birthdays, such as Elvis. For more info, call Three Aces at 312 243 1577. (Eater Chicago)
Today 1/27 THE GRAND OPENING OF “MUSEUM WORKS GALLERY @ Museum Works Galleries6:30pm – 9:30pmMuseum Works Galleries 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite # 1850, Chicago http://www.facebook.com/ElevateYourPresence?ref=ts#!/event.p…
Friday 1/28 6p 14th annual Grand Chefs Gala for Cystic Fibrosis taking place at the Fairmont Hotel. Tix are $400 for 4-course dinner, hosted cocktail reception and postprandial dessert reception. Silent and live auction included. If this is too much money for you to spend right now, do it up at the After Party beginning at 930p for $60. Some of the city’s hottest mixologists will be there shaking it up, while Libido Funk Circus will provide the music to your shakin’.
1/28 No, it’s not Halloween, but The Fifty/50 is having a Heaven and Hell party. There’s free mini burgers and drinks from 8-9p. And get there EARLY. It’s first come, first served. They’re also having a costume contest. One guy and one girl with the best angel/devil costume (after sending in pics to The Fifty/50) will win a private booth in “hell” for them and five of their friends. Read about it here via Mextromix
Delicious Afternoon JUICE:
Are You A Member? Food Mafia wants you!
Calling all Food Nerds, Chefs, and Cuisine Obsessives. Food Mafia is launching soon. To receive an exclusive invitation, click here. Plus, send us your juiciest FOOD PORN and you might even get lucky… email@example.com
David Richards closes Mado & now Sweets & Savories! Sources say there was a lack of money to pay its chefs and staff. Via Eater
Delicious DIRT. To Open
Sepia is expanding and will now open Private Dining by Sepia (135 N. Jefferson St.; 312-441-1920). PDS -slated to open this spring occupying the storefront next door for private dinners and cocktail receptions. @ChicagoMag
Delicious DIRT. Recently Opened
Etno Village Grill – opened last week. Etno presents quick-service (like Chipotle), Eastern European grub, including cevapcici (Balkan sausage) on lepinja (crusty pita-like bread) made to order with the diner’s choice of 20 condiments. (via @ChicagoMag) 2580 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-698-8069
Gosu – Opened yesterday. Previously occupied by Rustik, Gosu has high hopes that its Korean-Japanese flare will blow Logan Square away. The menu features loads of Korean dishes, 30 maki options, and other plates. Greatness lies in the fact they will make you anything you want even if not on menu… now thats what Food Mafia LOVES! 2515 N. California Ave.; 773-276-7330
Elevate Your Presence’s
Delicious DIRT. Weekly
In this issue: Openings, Valentine’s Day Offers, Deals, Events, Juice
Delicious DIRT. Openings
Today 1/25: Get in before the crowds! Starting now, Grant Achatz is previewing dinners for Aviary & Next (via @Gachatz) http://www.alineamosaic.com/ **NEED A JOB? Think you can take the heat? Next/Aviary are hiring for kitchen positions. Send inquiries here: firstname.lastname@example.org
TACO JOINT Urban Taqueria and Cantina in Lincoln Park will open their doors today! TACO JOINT is the latest idea out of mastermind Edgar Castaneda + partner of Zocalo Restaurant and Tequila Bar in River North. Dishes will be executed by a trio of chefs from Zocalo, will offer a selection of tacos made with braised & grilled meats, authentic salsas and handmade tortillas. Signature tacos will include Barbacoa from Central Mexico, Cochinita Pibil from Yucatán and Birria from Jalisco. Taco Joint will also offer tortas , huaraches, antojitos, guacamoles, salads and side items. Unlike any other venue, TACO JOINT will provide Chicago’s first tequila lockers, offering guests the option to store bottles for future visits and keep em’ comin back for more.Located 1969 North Halsted, 412.951.2457, http://TacoJoint.com
1/28 Sweet Ride Mobile Bakery Starting Friday 1/28/11, this new food truck circulates cupcakes, pudding, whoopie pies and other sweet treats and HAPPINESS making weekend laps around the city. You can’t miss this vintage pink ice cream truck with orange flames adorned on the side, and you’ll be grateful it’s an easy spot when you taste its menu lineup including handmade gourmet sweets: cupcakes, sweetie pies, puddings, chocolate mousse and other delish desserts creatively-named flavors such as “Whoop It Good”. In Chicago’s frigid months, hot drinks such as cinnamon spiced hot cocoa are available for sale, with plans for cold drinks in the summer and eventually coffee year round. And, conveniently, individual-sized milk jugs to wash it all down. (via Metromix) Track the truck’s location @SweetRideChi
Delicious Dirt. DEALS
Fixture– Shop @Fixture in Chicago – Head to Fixture Boutique in Roscoe Village and mention Delicious Dirt at check out for an exclusive gift card. Not to mention, January is HANDBAG SALE month at Fixture! All handbags – (Hobo, Big Buddha, Ebisu, Brynn Capella) 20% off! All Clutches and Wristlets 15% off! All Wallets 10% off! Get organized in 2011 with a new wallet! Order anything on www.shopfixture.com and get free shipping this January
GIVEAWAY- Elevate Your Presence WIN IT! CC SKYE most wanted Onie Messenger Bag as seen on Olivia Palermo. Follow us, then e-mail us why YOU love CC SKYE email@example.com
Delicious DIRT. Events
TODAY 1/25 @6pm Spain vs. France Wine Tasting and Spanish Tapas Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba will challenge your taste buds through sampling food and dozens of wines from Spain and France. Enjoy the Spanish tapas signature dishes including Winter Paella and Untraditional Croque Monsieur Dijon. $25, 773-935-5000 http://www.cafebabareeba.com/chicago (Via Metromix)
1/26 Landmark Grill - Please join BOKA GROUP this Wednesday, January 26th, for their Motown Wine Tasting event! They will be playing a selection of Motown’s greatest hits, and pairing four featured wines and passed appetizers with songs from the evening’s play list. They will also be offering all of their Wino Wednesday specials. This event is free to the public. If you would like to RSVP ahead of time, please call 312.587.1600. Click here for more info.
1/27 THE GRAND OPENING OF “MUSEUM WORKS GALLERY @ Museum Works Galleries6:30pm – 9:30pmMuseum Works Galleries 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite # 1850, Chicago http://www.facebook.com/ElevateYourPresence?ref=ts#!/event.p…
1/27 Bull & Bear two-year Anniversary- Celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the River North sports bar with Ultimate Fighting Championship Ring Girls Arianny Celeste and Rachelle Leah – Fellas: Does it get any better than this?!? Game on.Located 431 N. Wells St. – Chicago (River North) 312-527-5973 http://www.bullbearbar.com/ (via Metromix)
1/28 6PM-9PM 14th Annual Grand Chefs Gala for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation The Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Foundation will bring together Chicago’s most recognized chefs at the elegant Fairmont Hotel to prepare and present their signature dishes for over 500 guests. Proceeds will go to the The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.Please visit www.grandchefsgala.com or 312 236 4491 call for ticket information.
1/31 6:30PM-9PM Chowdah Fest Chicago Bringing Boston’s Chowdah feast to Chi-town! Feast on an array of delish chowders while local chefs compete for an Audience Choice Award and DA TITLE of “Best Chowdah in Town”. Located at The Columbia Yacht Club at East Randolph & Lake Shore Drive. Benefits from this event will go to the Sea Scouts youth sailing-program. Featured chefs include: Giuseppe Tentori of BOKA/ GT Fish & Oyster, Baasim Zafar, Executive Chef of The Drake Hotel, Radhika Desai of Top Chef and English, Daniel Marquis of Fox & Obel Market, Private chef to celebs, Julius Russell, Guy Meikle of Nana Organic, Dean Sanders of Brown Trout, Dirk’s Fish & Gourmet Shop, Calumet Fisheries on 95th, Benny’s Chop House, Shaw’s Crab House, and a few others…
1/29 – 3/26 (Every last Saturday of the month through 3/26 8AM – 3PM Nana Pajammy-Jam Brunch – Receive a free fresh-squeezed orange juice mimosa or hot chocolate if you show up to brunch in your pajamas at the Bridgeport organic restaurant…as if we needed another reason to roll out in public in our PJ’s. Sounds like the perfect Friday night/Saturday morning cure!Located 3267 S. Halsted St. – Chicago (Bridgeport/Sox) http://nanaorganic.com/live/ (via Metromix)
1/26 & EVERY last Wednesday of the month 7PM-9PM Quartino’s Monthly Wine Bash allows local wine bashers the opportunity to sample the best red, white, rose and sparkling wines featured for 2010.Located at 626 N. State St. – Chicago (River North), $20 312-698-5000 http://www.quartinochicago.com/ (via Metromix)
Boka Restaurant 2/8 & Second Tuesday of the month @ 630PM Boka Restaurant hosts its Test Your Palate night. Guests will be quizzed on the wine, region, and grape knowledge. (Each person receives one “hint” ticket that they can use on any of the four wines for those less in the know). The customer with the most correct answers wins a $100 gift certificate to Michelin starred Boka restaurant! It’s a great way to hone your palate and learn in a fun environment. Make sure you go to the next one! www.bokagrp.com.
Juice EYP Loves
Are You A Member? Food Mafia wants you!
Calling all Food Nerds, Chefs, and Cuisine Obsessives. Food Mafia is launching soon. To receive an exclusive invitation, click here. Plus, send us your juiciest FOOD PORN and you might even get lucky…
- Chris Curren, formerly of Blue 13, is taking over the kitchen at the eco-friendly Hotel Felix restaurant Elate
- Chicago Food Mafia has a JOB alert! Giuseppe Tentori and Boka Grp ‘s GT Fish & Oyster are seeking an Assistant General Manager! Please submit resume/cover letter 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tiny Lounge is absolute perfection! It’s mellow, yet upscale, gorgeous, yet comfortable. Smells from the kitchen – stays open serving premier cuisine until 1am folks- are AMAZE! Tiny is a cult classic, one we hope never gets too too mainstream… yet, we know our hopes are idealistic as Tiny is always packed, always jamming and always top notch. After the massive success from last week’s @GrouponChicago Tiny Lounge has blown up even more. The well-loved martini list, newly expanded classic cocktail list and, 10 beers on tap & more than 70 by the bottle are a real treat. The menu features duck empanadas with avocado mousse and cotija cheese and lamb pizetta with goat cheese, organic yogurt and mint (DELISH!) Beat the rush! http://www.tinylounge.com/
- If you haven’t already, sign up for FineDineDeal.com. This site partners with the most popular restaurants & Food Nerds to make getting a multi-course meal as reasonably priced as possible…and, even better, as seamless as possible! You prepay for everything, including the gratuity, and then leave when your meal’s complete! #easyaspie
- Cellar Angels is a local operation that partners with many prominent Napa and Sonoma wineries. Each wine acquisition donates a good amount of sales to charities which you select upon purchase. Feel free to jump in & help a better cause – a great accessory to bring along to BYO dinners!
- Sending mad love to all our clients for being so DELICIOUS
Valentine’s Day DIRT
More V-Day LOVE soon… Stay tuned…
Food Mafia and Elevate Your Presence want you! Send us Delicious Dirt for a possible feature on DIRT. Weekly and become a valued Mafia member on the nation’s hottest new website. Email us your DIRT at email@example.com
Delicious DIRT. To Open
Delicious DIRT. Recently Opened
Silom 12 Thai Bucktown 1846-48 N. Milwaukee Ave. 773-489-1212 http://www.silom12chicago.com/ (via Metromix)
Med Kitchen Quick-serve Mediterranean in the form of to-go kabobs and pita breakfast sandwiches for hungry on-the-move downtown cubicle dwellers.219 W. Washington St. 312-606-0633 http://www.medkitcheneatery.com/ (via Metromix)
Now You’re ELEVATED.
The DIRT team